We know you don’t want to drive around in a car that’s marred by dents and dings. It’s unsightly and, when it comes time to sell it, dents can significantly detract from the value of your vehicle. You might think that restoring your car’s appearance to its former glory will inevitably lead to a long and expensive repair process, but what if we told you that there’s an easier option? Depending on the type of dent and whether or not the paint was chipped or cracked, your car could be a good candidate for paintless dent repair. Learn more about this process below.
What is paintless dent repair (PDR) versus traditional dent repair?
On the other hand, Paintless dent repair is exactly what it sounds like: returning dented material to its original shape while maintaining the condition of the factory paint. There is no sanding and painting involved in this process. Instead, it looks more like this:
- A technician examines the damage and determines the best way to access it. That might be through a window, through the removal of an inner panel, or a similar tactic.
- Then the technician determines the right tool for the job. Our technicians have various tools at their disposal and the training and experience to know which are the best tools to use depending on the type of damage.
- Finally, the technician starts at the outside edge of the damaged area and carefully massages the material back into the correct position. As the technician works, the damaged area will get smaller and smaller and then eventually disappear altogether.
When is paintless dent repair possible?
Paintless dent repair is possible in some cases, but in some instances is not a viable option. For example, if the paint is already scratched, either in or around the dent, then it can’t be returned to its former condition without also fixing the paint. If the dent has sharp edges or if the metal is torn anywhere in or around the damage, then PDR won’t work. Unfortunately, it also won’t work if the damaged area is near the edge of a panel or if the area has had previous bodywork. If you have questions about dents, dings, or other damage on your car, or if you want to know if your vehicle is a good candidate for PDR, reach out to our team. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about paintless dent repair.
Why use paintless dent repair?
When it’s possible to use paintless dent repair, we believe it’s the best option available to car owners. If your car has suffered car hail damage or other unsightly dents and dings, reach out to Bodyguard to find out if it can be repaired with PDR. If you’re still not convinced PDR is the best option, here are some reasons why you should pick paintless dent repair as your first choice:
- It will save you money: paintless dent repair is hands-down the most affordable dent removal option available. It cuts out the use of materials like body filler and the time-consuming techniques of sanding and repainting. Eliminating these unnecessary materials and steps reduces the bodyshop’s repair costs significantly and, at Bodyguard, we pass those savings along to you.
- It will save you time: Of course this depends on the amount of damage to your vehicle, but in some cases PDR can be completed in a matter of hours. That means you don’t need to plan for your car to be in the shop for days.
- It retains your car’s value: When it comes time to sell your car, having the original factory paint intact will translate to higher value for your car and more money for you.
- There are no color-matching concerns with this method: There’s no need to stress about color-matching when there’s no need to sand down the original paint and repaint the damaged area. That’s a huge relief to us and should be to you too!
BodyGuard is the best choice in DFW for paintless dent repair
Repairing a dent on a car without further damaging the material is a task that requires professional training, expert skill, and exacting precision. Not every bodyshop is equipped to handle the job efficiently and effectively. Bodyguard specializes in paintless dent repair, so if you’re looking for the best shop to handle paintless dent removal in Dallas or any dent repairs in Dallas, reach out to our team of professionals at BodyGuard. Beyond simply repairing a dent, our expert team will give you the flawless customer service experience you deserve. We’re known and trusted in DFW for our top-quality care. Call us today to let a true dent repair specialist handle your vehicle’s dent removing needs. Go to our website at bodyguardpdr.com for more information, or call us today at 469-628-4910 to set up an appointment.