Car dents and dings can occur when you least expect them. Whether you’ve been caught up in a hail storm, you’ve collided with another vehicle, or you’ve accidentally dropped something on your hood, there are options out there. One of the most impressive and effective methods of vehicle repair is paintless dent repair (PDR).
When you own a vehicle, it’s natural to want to find the best auto repair shops so you can enjoy the peace of mind that your car is in safe hands. If you’re on the hunt for experts capable of repairing dents, or you’re keen to find affordable dent removal services, it’s wise to take your time to find and research multiple auto body shops, read reviews, and ask questions to learn more about each business. In this guide, we’ll discuss important questions to ask before you decide which auto repair shop to choose.
Essential questions to ask an auto body shop
If you are looking for expert repairs for car hail damage, you’ve bumped your car, or you need advice for removing a dent, don’t forget to ask these questions when exploring your options:
- Are your technicians trained and how much experience do they have? As a vehicle owner, you want to have confidence that your car is in the best possible hands and that the people you leave it with have the expertise, experience and knowledge to do an outstanding job. Auto body shops that offer dent removing services and paintless dent repair should have a highly skilled, trained team available to tend to your vehicle.
- How long will the job take? Many of us rely on our cars to get to work, take the kids to school and run daily errands. It can be inconvenient to be without a vehicle, and it’s understandable to want to know how long the repairs will take. Once the auto body shop team has inspected the vehicle, they should be able to give you an accurate estimate of how long the repairs will take.
- Will you guarantee the work? Guarantees offer security for vehicle owners and they will cover you if something goes wrong with the repair down the line. Always look for auto repair shops that provide both quality control assurances and guarantees on repairs.
- When are you open? Opening hours may influence your decision if you have a very busy schedule, or you work shifts, which would make it difficult to drop off or collect your car during normal working hours. Look for businesses that offer flexibility and the option to arrange appointments at a time that suits you.
- Can I use a rental vehicle if repairs take longer than a day? Having your car repaired may be necessary, but it can also throw a spanner in the works if you need a vehicle to get to work or drop your children off at school. If paintless dent repair takes longer than a day, or the job of repairing a dent on a car is complex and it’s going to take longer than usual, it’s hugely beneficial to have access to a rental vehicle you can use while your car is at the auto body shop. Some insurers will provide a hire car, but if you don’t have that service through your policy, it’s a good idea to ask if a rental vehicle or will be available.
- What is the background of your business? It’s always useful to find out more about auto repair shops and to get an idea of how long the business has been running, the services it offers and its history.
- Do you have reviews and customer testimonials I can read? Customer service is crucial, and many consumers judge businesses based on the service they provide as well as the quality of the repairs. Look for an auto body shop that has an excellent track record, read reviews online and search for testimonials on company websites. It can also be helpful to ask friends, neighbors and colleagues for recommendations.
- How much will the job cost? Cost is a factor for most people when it comes to choosing a dent repair specialist. It’s beneficial to get multiple quotes and compare prices and offers before you make a decision. Look for value, rather than the lowest price.
The benefits of researching auto body shops
If your car has been damaged in a hail storm, or you’ve come into contact with a grocery cart unexpectedly, you might be tempted to find the first auto body shop and take your car in as soon as possible. You might get lucky, but there’s a risk in being too hasty. It’s best to take the time to research auto repair shops to find the best people to repair the dents for you. Read reviews, contact different businesses and ask the questions listed above, get quotes and find out more about the team, the history of the body shop, and customer ratings. Researching and gathering information maximizes the chances of a successful outcome, and it will also provide you with peace of mind.
Expert dent repairs in Dallas
Bodyguard PDR & Vehicle Repair specializes in paintless dent removal in Dallas. With over 18 years of experience helping clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, this is the company to trust for seamless, stress-free, high-quality dent repairs.
Dents are common, but that doesn’t stop them from being a nuisance for drivers and vehicle owners. If your car has dents or dings, it’s natural to want to find the best dent repair specialist in your area. Bodyguard PDR & Vehicle Repair offers expert, affordable paintless dent removal in and around Dallas. If you have any questions about paintless dent removal or want to find out more about prices or the services available, don’t hesitate to contact us.